Frequently Asked Questions
About Responsible Beverage Server Training
- What is Responsible Server Training?
- Responsible Beverage Server Training is for anyone who sells or server alcoholic beverages. This is regulated training that teaches you about signs of intoxication, minors and alcohol, techniques you can use to stop service and the laws & regulations in the state of Wisconsin.
- Is Beverage Server Training Required in Wisconsin"?
- The Wisconsin Department of Revenue requires applicants for an Operator's or Bartender's License to complete a responsible beverage server course unless:
- you are renewing a Wisconsin retail or an operator's license,
- you were the agent of a corporation that held a Wisconsin retail license within the past two years,
- you held a Wisconsin retail or operator's license within the past two years, or
- you completed a Wisconsin approved server training course within the past two years.
- What are the benefits of Server Training Certification?
- Becoming Seller/Server certified is an important step in ensuring that you serve and sell alcohol responsibly. In some cases, you may receive a lower penalty for violating a sales or service law if you have been certified. Your employer may also require that you be Seller/Server certified before you begin work.
- How do I get my bartender's License?
- This responsible beverage server course is just one step in getting your Bartender/Operator's License. You must first take approved training, like this ServerLicense course. Once you complete our online course and pass the final exam you will print your certification of completion. You will take your certificate of completion along with the bartender's license application to the town, city or county clerk. They will issue you a bartender's license.
- How long will I be certified for?
- Wisconsin Responsible Server training is typically valid for 2 years depending on your municipality.
- Is ServerLicense.com approved by the DOR?
- Yes, ServerLicense.com is an approved Wisconisn Responsible Beverage Training Provider. We have been certifying sellers and servers of alcohol in Wisconsin since 2006. You can view our server training program approval on the Wisconsin Department of Revenue website.
- I do not have a Wisconsin driver’s license or I do not want to use my Driver's License number.
You can use a license number from any state not just Wisconsin. You do not need a license number to enroll for this seller/server course. We only use a license number as the unique identifier in our system for you to log in to your account. Just as some websites use an email address to log in to an account, we use a license number. We do not report your license number to anyone and it is not printed on your certificate.
If you do not have a driver's license or state ID number, we suggest you use another number that you can easily remember, such as the number combination of your birth date. For example, if your birthday is July 2, 1982, you would enter 07021982. Please make note of this number so that you can log back into your account later if needed.
- Where do I enter the discount code?
- When enrolling in the ServerLicense.com online Beverage Server course, there is a place to enter the discount code on the Confirm Your Order page. You should enter the code in the discount code field and click "Apply." You must click Apply after you enter the code to modify the order price. If you do not, the discount will be not applied.
- How do I pay for the online course?
- ServerLicense.com accepts all major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
**Please note our system does not accept pre-paid credit cards or pre-paid debit cards unless they are registered online with the information on the back of the card. Our system does not accept gift cards.
- How do I use another person's credit card to purchase the course?
- Using another person's credit card (with their permission of course) is perfectly acceptable. To do this, enter your information on the Student Information side of the account page. In the Billing Information side, enter the name, address, card number, and other required information for the person whose card you are using. Click Create Account to save this information.
- The payment error says that my credit card number and/or expiration date is incorrect.
- Please return to the "My Account" page and verify your card type, card number and expiration date. Click "edit" to modify your billing information. When finished, click the Continue button at the bottom of the page and then try to purchase the course again.
- The payment error says that my card has insufficient funds on the account.
- You will need to call the customer service number on the back of your credit card to verify that you have the required funds to make the transaction.
- I need a refund.
We will issue a refund for a period of thirty (30) days after the purchase of any product through this website the purchaser may receive a 100% refund so long as all the following provisions are met:
- In full payment has been received by ServerLicense.com.
- The program or course is less than 50% completed.
- No permit or certification has been issued for completion of the course.
- Refund must be issued the same way that payment was tendered.
Please contact Customer support to request a refund.
- I have a duplicate charge on my credit card for this course purchase.
- If the webpage gets refreshed or the back browser button is used during the order processing, a duplicate charge can occur. Please contact Customer Support within 30 days for a refund.
About Our Seller/Server Training Course
- How long is the online certification course?
- Our online course is about 2 hours in length. You just need to be able to pass the final exam, 70% is the passing score of the exam.
- If I purchase the course now, can I start it later?
- Yes, after enrolling in the online course, you can begin whenever you are ready. You have six months from the date you purchase the training course to complete it.
- Do I have to complete the course all at one time?
- No, you can login/logout of the online Server License course at anytime. Your position in the course will be saved and you will continue from where you last left off when you log in again.
- Can I log in and out of the online course without having to start over?
- Your position in the Server License course is saved as you progress through the course. You will always begin from where you last left off. You have six months from the date you purchase the course to complete it.
- Will your online course work on my computer?
- Our online certification course will work on almost any computer or mobile device with Internet access. Prior to beginning the online training, our system will check your computer to ensure it meets the minimum requirements. If your computer does not meet these requirements, you will be instructed on how to continue.
- Can I use a dial-up or modem connection to take the online Server License course?
- Yes, our course works with both dial-up and high-speed internet connections.
- What if I have technical problems while taking the online Server License course?
- We have a toll-free support line that is available Monday-Friday during business hours at 855-203-6482. Our office is closed on weekends and Holidays, however you can reach us via email & support form 7 days a week to resolve any technical problems that you may have.
- I already registered and paid for the course but the system is asking me to register and pay again.
If you have already registered for the course and are trying to log into your account, you are probably entering your Driver's License number differently than you did the first time you registered.
The Driver's License number you entered when you first registered is your site username. If you enter it differently when trying to log into your account, the system will not recognize the number and will treat you like a new student.
Please verify that you are entering the correct Driver's License number when trying to login.
- I can't remember my password.
- Click here to retrieve your password.
- I failed the final exam.
- You will have 2 attempts at the Final exam. If you fail both attempts, then the DOR requires that you start the course over from the beginning. You will be prompted to start again.
- The course player screen is blank or grayed out.
- If the course player window opens but is blank or grayed out it is your firewall blocking the course content from displaying. You will need to go into your Internet options and modify your security settings.
- The NEXT button doesn't appear on the screen.
- If the NEXT button does not appear at the end of the scene, this usually occurs because you have not performed a required function on that scene.
Check to make sure that you have clicked on all bullet points, yes/no answer options, or more info icons. The NEXT button will not appear until you have performed all of the required actions on the screen.
If you are on a mobile device, you will need to click the gray play button on the bottom left to start the file.
If the NEXT button still will not appear after following all of the steps above, please contact Customer Support.
- I have a problem opening or starting my course.
- Your course will be located on the 'My Account' page after you log in to your account. You will click the play button next to the course title to begin. If you have done that, and the course still does not appear, then it could be one of these issues:
- The course will open in a new window or tab. Depending on your internet settings, your pop up blocker may block the course from opening. You will need to allow the pop up or disable the pop up blocker.
- Sometimes the course does open however it is opening behind the main web page, try minimizing the main webpage to see if the course is hidden behind.
- Will this Server License course work on my phone or tablet?
- Yes, the courses on our website are Mobile Friendly and will work on mobile phones and tablets as well as your desktop computer.
- When I go to open the course it says I have an unsupported web browser.
This course supports all major browsers except the AOL browser. To use an alternate browser with America Online, follow the steps below:
- Connect to the internet as you normally do.
- Once connected to the internet, click the START button found in the lower, left hand corner of your screen.
- Click PROGRAMS
- In the sub-menu click on INTERNET EXPLORER.
- A new internet explorer window will open. In the URL address bar, enter the learning portal website address as you normally would.
- My course is stuck "loading".
- First, press the F5 key on your keyboard to refresh the page. This will usually correct the loading issue.
- If you have pressed the F5 key and the loading error still occurs, you will need to delete cookies and files.
If this does not solve the problem, please contact Customer Support.
The Final Exam
- What is on the final exam?
- The final exam consists of 20 multiple-choice. The questions on the test are from topics that are covered in the Server Training course. You must score at least 70% in order to pass the exam, which means you can answer no more than 6 incorrectly.
- What happens if I fail the exam?
- ServerLicense.com has a 100% pass guarantee. If you fail the final exam twice, the DOR requires that you retake the course. With ServerLicense.com, you can take the course as many times as necessary to receive a passing score on the final exam, at no additional charge.
- I failed the final exam twice. How do I start my course over?
- If you fail both exams, the system will prompt you how to start over. There is no additional charge for this. If you need help getting the course to start over, please contact our support team and a representative will make the necessary changes to your account for you to continue.
- I am unable to open my certificate.
- The certificate is available in 2 different file formats. The 1st format is called a PDF and requires Adobe Reader software to open it (free download link available below). The 2nd format is called a JPG. This format requires basic image software that most computers have standard. If you still need help please contact Customer Support.
- I haven't received my Wisconsin Beverage Training certificate in the mail.
- If you ordered and paid for mail delivery service and have not received your certificate of completion, please contact Customer Support.
- I lost my certificate.
- You can reprint your certificate from your account. Please login and go to the "My Account" page. Next to the completed course will be a certificate icon. Click the icon and a new window will open with the steps to print additional copies.
- My name is misspelled on my certificate.
- For security reason some account information cannot be altered by the student. (Name, date of birth and Social Security Number.) Please contact support immediately for corrections.
- The information on my certificate is missing or incorrect.
- Please contact support immediately for corrections.
Security of Your Information
- Is this website safe?
Yes, ServerLicense.com is safe and your information is secure. ServerLicense.com utilizes a GeoTrust SSL certificate enabling up to 256-bit SSL encryption, which is the latest in SSL encryption technology, to ensure your data is secure. 256-bit SSL certificates are the strongest SSL certificates available. GeoTrust is a trusted security partner with a proven track record for reliability and quality and their 256-bit SSL certificates give users an easy way to determine if a site is trustworthy and legitimate. When a user visits a site utilizing a 256-bit SSL certificate, the browser displays a lock at the top or bottom of the browser window.
In addition to offering you the most secure SSL certificate, we undergo a daily 3rd party security audit. The McAfee Secure logo (shown in the upper, right-hand corner of your browser) means our site is tested and certified daily to pass the McAfee security scan. This security audit means your data is safe from identity theft and credit card fraud.
During most training and purchase transactions, ServerLicense.com collects certain personal information about you. This information will never be made available to organizations outside of ServerLicense.com without your consent. This information will not be packaged or sold to any 3rd party entity without your permission.
ServerLicense.com takes your security and privacy seriously. In some areas of our systems, you may be asked to provide information that helps us support you. This information will remain confidential and only used by ServerLicense.com to help foster a better and more efficient support environment.
For our e-learning system clients, any and all information collected by ServerLicense.com through our partners learning portals will be solely owned by our partner. ServerLicense.com retains no rights or license to this information.
In some situations, ServerLicense.com may be required to disclose information for law enforcement, regulation, fraud prevention, or if ServerLicense.com believes this disclosure necessary to protect ServerLicense.com or its customers.
For more information about ServerLicense.com's privacy policies, please contact us at support@ServerLicense.com.
- I have several employees that need Wisconsin Responsible Beverage Training. Can I set up an account with ServerLicense.com for all of my employees to be trained?
- We offer corporate accounts for any establishment that has several employees that need their Seller/Server Training. A corporate account is free to set up and easy to use. We will create a special code that your employees will use to access the online training course. Each month, we will send you an invoice and a report containing all employees that enrolled in the Server License training course. If you would like to set up a corporate account, simply fill out our online Corporate Account Request Form and we will contact you within 24 business hours to set up your account.